Major in Health and Physical Education (MJ0198.1)
Faculty of Health
Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2012 End Date: Current Version
The objective of the Health and Physical Education major is to provide students with an opportunity to undertake extensive study in this area of sport and exercise science relevant to teaching health and physical activity.
Required - Must pass 21 credit points as follows
- 6529 - Systemic Anatomy and Physiology - 3 cp, Level 1
- 6534 - Regional Anatomy and Physiology - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 8338 - Human Growth and Development - 3 cp, Level 1
- 8340 - Health, Disease and Exercise - 3 cp, Level 2
- 8911 - Exercise Programming and Prescription - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 8912 - Sport Coaching Principles - 3 cp, Level 1
- 8914 - Sport Coaching Pedagogy - 3 cp, Level 2
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.