Major in Secondary Education (MJ0197.1)
Faculty of Education
Academic Program Area - Education
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 17/11/2011 End Date: 31/12/2015
This major is designed to develop students' educational background and requisite skills to manage working in an educational setting. It provides an integral approach to working with children in secondary teaching and learning contexts.
Students must enrol in the secondary teaching (SEC) units unless they have completed the primary teaching version in 2011 or prior.
Restricted Choice - Must pass 24 credit points from the following
- 4782 - Education Foundations - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 6577 - Indigenous Education: What Works - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 6732 - Promoting Positive Learning Environments - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 6733 - Responding to Individual Needs in Education - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 6889 - Socio-Cultural Politics of Education - 3 cp, Level 4*
- 6891 - Curriculum Studies - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 7840 - Learning with Technology - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 8336 - Literacy Across Disciplines - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 8822 - Education Foundations SEC - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 8823 - Indigenous Education: What Works SEC - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 8824 - Learning with Technology SEC - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 8825 - Promoting Positive Learning Environments SEC - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 8826 - Responding to Individual Needs in Education SEC - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 8827 - Socio-Cultural Politics of Education SEC - 3 cp, Level 4*
- 8829 - Teacher as Researcher SEC - 3 cp, Level 4*
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.