Major in Earth Science (MJ0193.1)
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
Faculty of Science and Technology
Academic Program Area - Science
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 26/08/2011 End Date: 31/12/2016
This major develops an integrated understanding of the fundamental concepts and methods of earth science, including those relevant to earth materials, earth chemistry and surface and landscape processes. It provides students with a sound knowledge of geological processes and skills in landscape and resource assessment, land management and applied geochemistry. The major is available to students across the University, including in the areas of Sustainability and Education. It also provides a foundation for students who may wish to extend their earth science knowledge through cross-institutional enrolment at other institutions. Prerequisite and/or Corequisite: None
- Required - Must pass 9 credit points as follows
Restricted Choice - 9 credit points as follows
Part A - Must pass 6 credit points from the following
- 6912 - Australian Waterways - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 6915 - Ecochemistry - 3 cp, Level 2
- 8100 - Applied Geochemistry - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 8248 - Environmental Forensic Science - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 10226 Freshwater Biology replaces 6912 Australian Waterways from 2017. Students who have previously completed 6912 may still count it towards course completion.
- Part B - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
- Part A - Must pass 6 credit points from the following
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.