Major in Applied Software Engineering (BSE/BBI) (Restricted) (MJ0164.3)
Faculty of Science and Technology
Academic Program Area - Technology
Information for Current Students
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2018 End Date: Current Version
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2017
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2012
The Applied Software Engineering major further enhances student skills by providing extensive practice of the application of software engineering skills and techniques in a business environment, including development of systems for industry-based clients. Prerequisite and/or Corequisite: Enrolment in this Major is limited to students in course 838AA Bachelor of Software Engineering/Bachelor of Business Informatics.
Prerequisite and/or Corequisite:
Enrolment in this Major is limited to students in course 838AA Bachelor of Software Engineering/Bachelor of Business Informatics.
Required - Must pass 21 credit points as follows
- 6698 - Discrete Mathematics - 3 cp, Level 1
- 7167 - Security and Support in IT - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 7175 - Web Design and Programming - 3 cp, Level 2
- 8223 - Introduction to Computer Engineering - 3 cp, Level 1
- 9785 - Information & Communication Technology Project - 6 cp, Level 3
- 9789 - Technology and Engineering Management - 3 cp, Level 3
- From 2019 the unit code for Security & Support in IT has changed to 11488.
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.