Major in Business Informatics (BSE/BBI) (Restricted) (MJ0159.2)
Faculty of Science and Technology
Academic Program Area - Technology
Information for Current Students
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2011 End Date: Current Version
Through this major, students will develop the capacity to engage in the process of analysing and specifying systems requirements that support work practices and match the business requirements of organisations. Prerequisite and/or Corequisite: Enrolment in this Major is limited to students in course 838AA Bachelor of Software Engineering/Bachelor of Business Informatics.
* The units Business Informatics Internship can, under some circumstances, be substituted by two Business Informatics electives, at least one of which must be at Level 3.
Required - Must pass 18 credit points as follows
- 7034 - Information Law - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 7087 - Sociology of Technology and Work - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 7155 - Business Informatics Case Studies - 3 cp, Level 3
- 7722 - Professional Practice in IT - 3 cp, Level 1
- 8717 - Business Informatics Internship - 6 cp, Level 3
- From 2019 the unit code for Information Law has changed to 11271 and for Sociology of Technology & Work to 11249.
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.