Major in Teacher Education - Early Childhood (MJ0156.1)
Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths
Academic Program Area - Education
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2017
This major is designed to develop students' educational background and requisite skills to manage working in an educational setting. It provides an integral approach to working with children in teaching and learning contexts. Students in the Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood (3-8) must complete this 18cp major. This major is open to all University of Canberra students.
Required - Must pass 18 credit points as follows
- 4782 - Education Foundations - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 6577 - Indigenous Education: What Works - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 6732 - Promoting Positive Learning Environments - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 6733 - Responding to Individual Needs in Education - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 6891 - Curriculum Studies - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 7840 - Learning with Technology - 3 cp, Level 3*
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.