Major in Teacher Education (MJ0118.2)
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
Faculty of Education
Academic Program Area - Education
Information for Current Students
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2012 End Date: 31/12/2017
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2005 End Date: 31/12/2010
This major is designed to develop students' educational background and requisite skills to manage working in an educational setting. It provides an integral approach to working with children from Kindergarten to Year 6 in teaching and learning contexts. Prerequisite and/or Corequisite: None
Required - Must pass 18 credit points as follows
- 4782 - Education Foundations - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 6577 - Indigenous Education: What Works - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 6732 - Promoting Positive Learning Environments - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 6733 - Responding to Individual Needs in Education - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 6889 - Socio-Cultural Politics of Education - 3 cp, Level 4*
- 8828 - Teacher as Researcher ECP - 3 cp, Level 4*
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.