Major in Software Engineering (BSE) (Restricted) (MJ0108.2)
Faculty of Science and Technology
Academic Program Area - Technology
Information for Current Students
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/07/2012 End Date: Current Version
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2005 End Date: 30/06/2012
The Software Engineering major provides a good understanding of computer systems and methods of designing and developing software. Through this major, students develop an understanding of Software Engineering issues, and will be able to design and develop software in important modern languages. They will be able to maintain software systems and write applications of moderate complexity. Prerequisite and/or Corerequisite: Enrolment in the Bachelor of Software Engineering course.
Required - Must pass 21 credit points as follows
- 4483 - Software Technology 1 - 3 cp, Level 1
- 5531 - Introduction to Software Engineering - 3 cp, Level 1
- 6698 - Discrete Mathematics - 3 cp, Level 1
- 7165 - Object Oriented Software Design - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 7169 - Software Engineering Practice - 3 cp, Level 3
- 7170 - Software Technology 2 - 3 cp, Level 2
- 7171 - System Software - 3 cp, Level 2*
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.