Major in Key Learning Areas - Primary (Restricted) (MJ0074.1)
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
Faculty of Education
Academic Program Area - Education
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2005 End Date: 31/12/2017
This major is designed to develop a content and pedagogy basis for teaching in the learning areas of The Arts, Studies of Society and Environment, Health and Physical Education and Science and Technology Education in Primary settings. Bachelor of Education in Primary Teaching, Bachelor of Education in Middle School Teaching (K-12), Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood Teaching (Birth-8) (UC/CIT) and Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood Teaching (3-8) students must complete this 24cp major.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 6576 - Arts Education 1 - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 6731 - Health and Movement Education 1 - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 6890 - Arts Education 2 - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 6893 - Health and Movement Education 2 - 3 cp, Level 4*
- 7985 - Social and Environmental Education 2 - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 7987 - Science and Technology Education 2 - 3 cp, Level 4*
- 7988 - Social and Environmental Education 1 - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 7989 - Science and Technology Education 1 - 3 cp, Level 2*
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.