Major in Integrated Environmental Management (MJ0060.2)
Faculty of Science and Technology
Academic Program Area - Science
18 credit points
Information for Current Students
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2017 End Date: Current Version
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2005 End Date: 31/12/2016
This major provide a solid grounding in natural resource management. It deals with the interaction between science, policy, management, and law, including conflict resolution, community participation, planning, environmental assessment, sustainability, property rights and the strengths and weaknesses of various systems for natural resource management.
Required - Must pass 18 credit points as follows
- 7907 - Environmental and Planning Law - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 10224 - Integrated Catchment Science - 3 cp, Level 2
- 10228 - Understanding Environmental Complexity - 3 cp, Level 2
- 10230 - Spatial Analysis - 3 cp, Level 3
- 10232 - Environmental Conflict and Engagement - 3 cp, Level 3
- 10235 - Tackling Environmental Challenges - 3 cp, Level 3
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.