Major in Information Systems (BIT) (Restricted) (MJ0057.1)
Canberra Business School
School of Information Systems & Accounting
Information for Current Students
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/07/2012 End Date: Current Version
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2005 End Date: 30/06/2012
Through this major, students will develop the capacity to engage in the process of analysing and specifying systems requirements that support work practices and match organizational requirements.
Required - Must pass 21 credit points as follows
- 5915 - Database Design - 3 cp, Level 1
- 6348 - Information Systems in Organisations - 3 cp, Level 1
- 6365 - Systems Analysis and Modelling - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 6388 - Document and Workflow Management - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 6389 - Designing Human-Computer Interaction - 3 cp, Level 2
- 7167 - Security and Support in IT - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 7173 - Systems Project and Quality Management - 3 cp, Level 3
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.