Major in Information Systems (Restricted) (MJ0056.1)
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
Faculty of Science and Technology
Academic Program Area - Technology
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2005 End Date: 31/12/2018
This major provides students with a thorough understanding of how information technology is applied and utilised in a work environment. Prerequisite and/or Corequisite: Information Systems in Organisations (6348). This Major is available to the Bachelor of Commerce and its double degrees - Restricted choice Major in B Commerce 762AA and combined degrees, Applied Economics 945AA, International Studies 818AA, Arts 798AA, Advertising 100JA, Law 810AA, Tourism 811AA, Information Technology 815AA.
Prerequisite and/or Corequisite:
Information Systems in Organisations (6348)
Required - Must pass 15 credit points as follows
- 5915 - Database Design - 3 cp, Level 1
- 6365 - Systems Analysis and Modelling - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 6389 - Designing Human-Computer Interaction - 3 cp, Level 2
- 7173 - Systems Project and Quality Management - 3 cp, Level 3
- 7371 - Strategic Management - 3 cp, Level 3*
- From 2019 the unit code for Systems Analysis & Modelling has changed to 11486.
Restricted Choice - Must pass 9 credit points from the following
- 6388 - Document and Workflow Management - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 7034 - Information Law - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 7156 - Business Intelligence Systems - 3 cp, Level 3
- 7161 - General Systems Theory - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 7162 - Information Security - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 7163 - Information Systems Management - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 11487 - Information Security - 3 cp, Level 2
- From 2019 the unit code for Information Security has changed to 11487.
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.