Major in Forensic Chemistry (MJ0042.3)
Faculty of Science and Technology
Academic Program Area - Science
Information for Current Students
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2016 End Date: Current Version
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/07/2011 End Date: 31/12/2015
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2005 End Date: 30/06/2011
This major provides an in-depth study of the principles, practices and instrumentation associated with forensic chemistry. This major consists of 21 credit points.
- Required - Must pass 18 credit points as follows
Restricted Choice - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
- 8375 - Molecular and Cellular Biology - 3 cp, Level 2
- 10002 - Environmental and Forensic Geochemistry - 3 cp, Level 3
- From 2019, unit 8375 has replaced unit 10002 in this major. Students who are required to undertake 8375 elsewhere in their course should select an open elective unit instead.