Major in Environmental Assessment (MJ0039.1)
Faculty of Science and Technology
Academic Program Area - Science
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2005 End Date: 31/12/2014
This major is designed to provide the specialised knowledge, skills and attitudes required in environmental assessment and management. Graduates are well versed in appropriate techniques for collecting chemical, physical and biological samples as well as with analysing the data.
- Required - Must pass 12 credit points as follows
Restricted Choice - Must pass 6 credit points from the following
- 6542 - Experiment Design and Analysis - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 6912 - Australian Waterways - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 6913 - Biometry - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 6918 - Environmental Planning and Assessment - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 6922 - Vegetation and Wildlife Ecology - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 10226 Freshwater Biology replaces 6912 Australian Waterways from 2017. Students who have previously completed 6912 may still count it towards course completion.
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.