Major in Ecological Conservation (MJ0036.1)
Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths
Academic Program Area - Science
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2005 End Date: 31/12/2014
This major develops the ecological knowledge, professional attitudes and practical skills required to contribute towards the adaptive management of terrestrial biological resources, particularly vegetation and wildlife, with a field ecology emphasis.
Required - Must pass 18 credit points as follows
- 483 - Concepts in Biology - 3 cp, Level 1
- 623 - Plants and Animals - 3 cp, Level 1
- 6916 - Ecology and Biodiversity - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 6920 - Principles of Ecology - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 6922 - Vegetation and Wildlife Ecology - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 8898 - Conservation Biology - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 10235 Tackling Environmental Challenges replaces 6916 Ecology and Biodiversity from 2017. Students who have previously completed 6916 may still count it towards course completion.
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.