Major in Community Education (Restricted) (MJ0025.2)
Faculty of Education
Academic Program Area - Education
Information for Current Students
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: Current Version
The Community Education major is restricted to students enrolled in the Community Education course and is core to that course along with the two final year 6 credit point units, Community Education Project A and Community Education Project B. The major provides students with theoretical and practical basis to work as effective community change agents. Prerequisite and/or Corequisite: Enrolment in course 787AA Bachelor of Community Education.
Required - Must pass 18 credit points as follows
- 5011 - Concepts of Human Learning & Development - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 5162 - Praxis of Adult & Community Education - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 6856 - Professional Practice in Community Education (part A) - 0 cp, Level 3*
- 6878 - Indigenous Australia: Contemporary Issues - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 7384 - Professional Practice in Community Education (part B) - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 8192 - Methods of Inquiry in Community Education - 6 cp, Level 2*
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.