Core Major in Professional and Digital Design (CM0027.1)
Faculty of Arts and Design
School of Arts and Communications
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2021 End Date: Current Version
The Professional Core is a cohesive and scaffolded stream of professional education units that will enable students to integrate theoretical learning with practice throughout their degrees through authentic, real-world learning experiences. The Digital Design Core units provide a holistic and multi-disciplinary view to the shared ideation of all degrees in the program. Students will have an opportunity to engage with a broad range of people, while learning about the journey from a digital design perspective.
Core majors are only available to students in the course for which the major is required.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 11017 - Professional Practice 1: Work Integrated Learning - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11018 - Professional Practice 2: Work Integrated Learning - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11591 - Professional Orientation (Creative Industries and Digital Design) - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11592 - Professional Evidence (Creative Industries and Digital Design) - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11610 - Evolution of Design - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11611 - Interactive Media, Design and Prototypes - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11612 - Introduction to Innovative Design Solutions - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11613 - Visual Ideation and Communication - 3 cp, Level 1