Core Major in Sport and Exercise Science (CM0024.1)
Faculty of Health
Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2019 End Date: Current Version
The core major in Sport and Exercise Science will provide you with a solid understanding of the health science underpinning sport and exercise science. In addition, you will cover the professional and accreditation requirements necessary for a career in the field of exercise science. You will also develop practical and analytical skills from both theoretical and work integrated learning opportunities providing you with transferable employability skills.
Core majors are only available to students in the course for which the major is required.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 6529 - Systemic Anatomy and Physiology - 3 cp, Level 1
- 6540 - Introduction to Statistics - 3 cp, Level 1
- 9808 - Regional Anatomy and Physiology - 3 cp, Level 1
- 9813 - Research and Professional Practice Part A (6cp) - 0 cp, Level 3
- 9814 - Research and Professional Practice Part B - 9 cp, Level 3
- 10012 - Sport and Exercise Psychology - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11400 - Professional Orientation (Health) - 3 cp, Level 1