Core Major in Exercise Physiology and Rehabilitation (CM0020.1)
Faculty of Health
Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2019 End Date: Current Version
The Exercise Physiology Core Major incorporates both foundational and professional units to give you an understanding of how to use exercise to improve people's health. You will gain fundamental knowledge in health science as it relates to exercise science and exercise physiology. Through the curriculum, you will develop a solid understanding of the professional and accreditation requirements necessary for a career as an Exercise Physiologist. As a part of this, work integrated learning is essential to aid in the development of key attributes that will prepare you to be a collaborative, multi-skilled professional.
Core majors are only available to students in the course for which the major is required.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 6529 - Systemic Anatomy and Physiology - 3 cp, Level 1
- 6540 - Introduction to Statistics - 3 cp, Level 1
- 9808 - Regional Anatomy and Physiology - 3 cp, Level 1
- 9813 - Research and Professional Practice Part A (6cp) - 0 cp, Level 3
- 9814 - Research and Professional Practice Part B - 9 cp, Level 3
- 10012 - Sport and Exercise Psychology - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11400 - Professional Orientation (Health) - 3 cp, Level 1