Core Major in Justice Studies (CM0011.1)
Faculty of Business, Government & Law
Canberra Law School
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2019 End Date: Current Version
The core units in the BJS will include the four professional core units, tailored to a range of justice career options to produce graduates who are work-ready, now and into the future. This training will be supplemented by an understanding of the relevant theoretical frameworks and administrative processes in the criminal and civil justice systems. Students will have the opportunity to participate in internships, including virtual work experiences.
Core majors are only available to students in the course for which the major is required.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 11251 - Foundations of Law and Justice - 6 cp, Level 1
- 11252 - Dispute Management - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11253 - Law and Justice Internship - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11254 - Capstone Law and Justice - 3 cp, Level 4
- 11255 - Civil Justice - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11256 - Criminal Justice - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11257 - Law and Society - 3 cp, Level 1