Breadth Major in Public Health (BM0044.1)
Faculty of Health
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2020 End Date: Current Version
The breadth major in Public Health provides students with the knowledge and skills required to understand and provide a population health perspective to a diverse range of policy and practice roles across government, industry and community sectors. Students will also be able to translate research to the practice setting.
This breadth major is not available to students in the Bachelor of Public Health course.
Required - Must pass 18 credit points as follows
- 8576 - Health Patterns of Disease - 3 cp, Level 2
- 8578 - Healthy and Sustainable Places - 3 cp, Level 3
- 10008 - Global Health - 3 cp, Level 2
- 10010 - Ecological Public Health Practice - 3 cp, Level 2
- 10076 - Public Health Systems and Policy - 3 cp, Level 1
- 10454 - Health Program Planning and Evaluation - 3 cp, Level 3
Restricted Choice - 6 credit points as follows
Part A - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
- 10455 - Health Promotion Principles and Practice - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11091 - Advocacy and Influence: Shaping Public Opinion - 3 cp, Level 3
- Students must pass 10455 Health Promotion Principles & Practice unless it is already a required unit in their course, in which case they should complete 11091 Advocacy & Influence.
Part B - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
- 8580 - Epidemiology and Principles of Research - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11577 - Global Nutrition - 3 cp, Level 3
- Students must pass 8580 Epidemiology & Principles of Research unless it is already a required unit in their course, in which case they should complete 11577 Global Nutrition.
- Part A - Must pass 3 credit points from the following