Breadth Major in Counselling Studies (BM0043.1)
Faculty of Health
Discipline of Counselling
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2020 End Date: Current Version
This major provides students with core counselling skills and knowledge that will extend their effectiveness in today's demanding workplace and/or community.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 5258 - Counselling Communication - 3 cp, Level 1
- 5549 - Intro to Counselling Theory & Principles - 3 cp, Level 1
- 6853 - Group Work - 3 cp, Level 2
- 7951 - Ethics and Law for Health Professionals - 3 cp, Level 3
- 8997 - Professional Practice in Health - 3 cp, Level 1
- 9427 - Counselling for Dispute Resolution - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11129 - Cultures and Diversity - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11399 - Understanding People and Behaviour - 3 cp, Level 1
- Students in the B Science in Psychology complete 11399 in their Core Major. Those students will take 8736 Health Psychology & Behaviour or another unit with permission of the Course Convener.