Breadth Major in Psychology: An Introduction (BM0040.1)
Faculty of Health
Discipline of Psychology
Information for Current Students
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2020 End Date: Current Version
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2019 End Date: 31/12/2019
This major provides an opportunity for the students to obtain knowledge in the scientific discipline of psychology, the essential basis for applied and professional psychology. It may be taken as a breadth major by students enrolled in any course of the University.
This breadth major is not available to students in the Bachelor of Science in Psychology course.
- Required - Must pass 6 credit points as follows
Restricted Choice - Must pass 18 credit points from the following
- 7120 - Physiological Psychology - 3 cp, Level 2
- 7121 - Developmental Psychology - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 7122 - Personality and Individual Differences - 3 cp, Level 2
- 7123 - Cognitive Psychology - 3 cp, Level 3
- 7124 - Motivation and Emotion - 3 cp, Level 3
- 7125 - Social Psychology - 3 cp, Level 3
- 7127 - Learning - 3 cp, Level 2
- 7128 - Psychopathology - 3 cp, Level 3
- 8736 - Health Psychology and Behaviour - 3 cp, Level 2
- 8831 - Introduction to Forensic Psychology - 3 cp, Level 2*
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.