Breadth Major in Marketing Communication (BM0033.1)
Faculty of Arts and Design
School of Arts and Communications
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2019 End Date: Current Version
This Major will provide you with a springboard for working in the rapidly evolving and multifaceted marketing communications industry. It will develop your skills and knowledge in strategic and brand development, media engagement and cross-platform digital communication, supported by a sound understanding of the consumer and strategic and creative principles that underpin professional practice. Every effort is made to replicate professional practice - as undertaken across the public, private or not-for-profit (NFP) sectors - in all aspects of teaching. You will develop your analytical and problem solving skills and your understanding of professionalism and social responsibility, as well as the specialised knowledge and skills required to meet the demands of the industry.
This breadth major is not available to students in the Bachelor of Communication and Media (Marketing Communication) course.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 11041 - Visual Representation Techniques - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11096 - Foundations of Marketing Communication - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11097 - Managing Brands - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11098 - Media Analysis and Planning - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11099 - Marketing Communication Strategy - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11100 - The Craft of Creative Communication - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11101 - Stakeholder Engagement - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11102 - Global Brand Communication - 3 cp, Level 3