Breadth Major in Journalism (BM0032.1)
Faculty of Arts and Design
School of Arts and Communications
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2019 End Date: Current Version
Do you want to be seen and heard and tell stories that make a difference? Stories are at the heart of all communication. Journalism is the profession of telling true and accurate stories about your world. These storytelling skills are in high demand across all communications roles in this rapidly changing media environment. From traditional reporting to digital curation, content creation and freelancing, studying the journalism major at UC will prepare you for employment in the growing field of journalistic content creation and communications. UC journalism provides you with the key skills to produce engaging quality journalism in a multi-platform media environment. You will learn how to research, produce, publish and promote news, feature, data, audio and video stories that make a difference. You will also develop your editorial judgement and leadership capability by working in teams to publish your original stories on air and online.
This breadth major is not available to students in the Bachelor of Communication and Media (Journalism) and Bachelor of Communication and Media (Sports Media)courses.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 11084 - Journalism Now and Next - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11085 - Street Stories - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11086 - Sound Stories - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11087 - In-Depth: Feature and Specialist Writing - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11088 - Data Journalism - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11089 - Video Live - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11090 - Newsfeed - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11091 - Advocacy and Influence: Shaping Public Opinion - 3 cp, Level 3