Breadth Major in Corporate and Public Communication (BM0031.1)
Faculty of Arts and Design
School of Arts and Communications
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2019 End Date: Current Version
The Corporate and Public Communication Major enables students to be critically aware, ethically responsible and multi-skilled professionals in the diverse yet integrated industries of public relations, public affairs and corporate communication. Students will develop the theoretical, interdisciplinary and practical knowledge to understand how historical and current social, political and economic processes influence, and are influenced by, communication. They will learn the diverse skills needed in fast-paced communications industries including strategy and campaign development; social and digital analytics; the basics of graphic design and visual language, multi-media production and stakeholder management.
This breadth major is not available to students in the Bachelor of Communication and Media (Corporate and Public Communication) course.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 11041 - Visual Representation Techniques - 3 cp, Level B
- 11091 - Advocacy and Influence: Shaping Public Opinion - 3 cp, Level A
- 11097 - Managing Brands - 3 cp, Level B
- 11103 - Corporate and Public Communication Foundations - 3 cp, Level B
- 11104 - Digital Engagement and Analytics - 3 cp, Level I
- 11105 - Strategic Communication Research and Planning - 3 cp, Level I
- 11106 - Organisational Communication - 3 cp, Level A
- 11107 - Strategic Project Management - 3 cp, Level A