Breadth Major in Film Production (BM0029.1)
Faculty of Arts and Design
School of Arts and Communications
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2019 End Date: Current Version
Film production is a practical major that provides students with the technical skills and knowledge to enable them to make a film from concept to screening. Students explore film production through a broad range of forms, such as filmic essay, documentary, and narrative short films that allow specialisation opportunities. The major combines practical aspects of filmmaking, with extensive use of professional quality film equipment (cameras, lights, audio) and uses industry-standard editing and post-production software, as well as looking at screen analysis through the practitioner's eye. The major is open to students from all courses in the university.
This breadth major is not available to students in the Bachelor of Arts (Film Production) course.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 11137 - Film Studio, Production Project - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11138 - Films Tools and a Meta-Narrative Vocabulary - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11139 - Short Film Production - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11140 - Reading Movies - A Practitioner's Guide - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11141 - Australian National Cinema - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11142 - Creative Collaboration and Specialisation in Film Project - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11143 - Documentary Production - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11144 - The Creative Producer - 3 cp, Level 3