Breadth Major in Global Studies (BM0028.1)
Faculty of Arts and Design
School of Arts and Communications
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2019 End Date: Current Version
The Global Studies major prepares students to be active global citizens who can find creative ways of addressing the challenges faced by the international community. The major helps students understand cultural diversity, and socio-cultural change in local communities and transnationally. It develops the intellectual tools for engaging in critical reflection and problem solving in relation to major global challenges such as environmental degradation, resource scarcity, climate change, and social justice. The major is open to students from all courses in the university, and would particularly benefit students who want to apply their knowledge and skills in the modern globalised world.
This breadth major is not available to students in the Bachelor of Arts (Global Studies) course.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 11129 - Cultures and Diversity - 3 cp, Level B
- 11145 - Global Ethical Challenges - 3 cp, Level B
- 11146 - Global Perspectives on Gender, Sex and Sexuality - 3 cp, Level I
- 11147 - How the World Really Works: Busting the Myths of Globalisation - 3 cp, Level I
- 11148 - Studies in World Philosophies - 3 cp, Level I
- 11149 - Listening to Global Voices: World Literature and Cinema - 3 cp, Level I
- 11150 - Global Environmental Futures - 3 cp, Level A
- 11151 - Global Activism and Social Change - 3 cp, Level A