Breadth Major in Creative Writing (BM0027.1)
Faculty of Arts and Design
School of Arts and Communications
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2019 End Date: Current Version
Creative writing gives students the opportunity to experiment in different modes of creative writing including prose fiction, poetry, writing for young people, screenwriting, and narrative nonfiction. It is a practical major that provides students with high level and flexible writing skills that can be applied in all manner of workplaces and creative endeavours. The major in creative writing is open to students from all courses in the university.
This breadth major is not available to students in the Bachelor of Arts (Creative Writing) course.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 11113 - Introduction to Creative Writing - 3 cp, Level B
- 11114 - Writing, Rewriting - 3 cp, Level B
- 11115 - From Hungry Caterpillars to Hunger Games: Writing for Young People - 3 cp, Level I
- 11116 - Screenwriting - 3 cp, Level I
- 11117 - Poetry and the Imagination - 3 cp, Level I
- 11118 - Writing Self, Writing Place - 3 cp, Level I
- 11119 - Word and Image - 3 cp, Level A
- 11120 - Major Project Studio - 3 cp, Level A