Breadth Major in Visual Communication Design (BM0024.1)
Faculty of Arts and Design
School of Design and the Built Environment
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2019 End Date: Current Version
Visual communication design major provides students with fundamental knowledge and skills required to communicate effectively through images. This major provides a comprehensive skill set of visual communication design in both the traditional sense; through an understanding of typography, layout, packaging, environmental graphics, publication, logo-type and publication design; as well as through the application of communication design in digital applications and new technologies.
This breadth major is not available to students in the Bachelor of Design (Visual Communication Design) course.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 11041 - Visual Representation Techniques - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11042 - Introduction to Design Thinking Techniques - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11062 - Visual Communication Theory and Principles - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11063 - Principles of Typography and Layout - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11064 - Design for Digital Contexts - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11065 - Visual Branding and Identity Systems - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11067 - Packaging Design and Communication - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11069 - Information Visualisation - 3 cp, Level 3