Breadth Major in Interaction Design (BM0022.1)
Faculty of Arts and Design
School of Design and the Built Environment
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2019 End Date: Current Version
Interaction design major provides students with fundamental knowledge and skills required to designing interactive digital products, environments and services for use by people. The focus of this major is to help students gain an understanding of human-centric interaction design principles, including key theories, concepts, tools and contemporary techniques to build human-centred interaction systems.
This breadth major is not available to students in the Bachelor of Design (Interaction Design) course.
Required - Must pass 18 credit points as follows
- 11054 - Human Factors for Interaction Design - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11055 - Programming for Design - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11056 - Front-end Web Design - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11057 - Affective Interaction Design - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11061 - Social Interaction Design - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11062 - Visual Communication Theory and Principles - 3 cp, Level 1
Restricted Choice - 6 credit points as follows
- From 2021 unit 11042 has been replaced by unit 11656 and unit 11043 has been replaced by unit 11655.
- Part A - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
- Part B - Must pass 3 credit points from the following