Breadth Major in Interaction Design (BM0022.1)
Faculty of Arts and Design
School of Design and the Built Environment
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2019 End Date: Current Version
Interaction design major provides students with fundamental knowledge and skills required to designing interactive digital products, environments and services for use by people. The focus of this major is to help students gain an understanding of human-centric interaction design principles, including key theories, concepts, tools and contemporary techniques to build human-centred interaction systems.
This breadth major is not available to students in the Bachelor of Design (Interaction Design) course.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 11042 - Introduction to Design Thinking Techniques - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11043 - Introduction to Interaction and User-Centred Design - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11054 - Human Factors for Interaction Design - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11055 - Programming for Design - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11056 - Front-end Web Design - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11057 - Affective Interaction Design - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11061 - Social Interaction Design - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11062 - Visual Communication Theory and Principles - 3 cp, Level 1