Breadth Major in Industrial Design (BM0021.1)
Faculty of Arts and Design
School of Design and the Built Environment
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2019 End Date: Current Version
Industrial design major introduces students to design of products that are to be manufactured through techniques of mass production. This unit set enables students to gain knowledge of materials and making processes, both traditional and advanced digital techniques as applied to a wide range of products.
This breadth major is not available to students in the Bachelor of Design (Industrial Design) course.
Required - Must pass 18 credit points as follows
- 11041 - Visual Representation Techniques - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11046 - Industrial Design Fundamentals - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11047 - 3D Digital Design Fundamentals - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11048 - Design for Low-Complexity - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11049 - 3D Digital Design Advanced - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11050 - Design for Medium-Complexity - 3 cp, Level 2
Restricted Choice - 6 credit points as follows
- From 2021 unit 11042 has been replaced by unit 11656 and unit 11043 has been replaced by unit 11655.
- Part A - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
- Part B - Must pass 3 credit points from the following