Breadth Major in Industrial Design (BM0021.1)
Faculty of Arts and Design
School of Design and the Built Environment
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2019 End Date: Current Version
Industrial design major introduces students to design of products that are to be manufactured through techniques of mass production. This unit set enables students to gain knowledge of materials and making processes, both traditional and advanced digital techniques as applied to a wide range of products.
This breadth major is not available to students in the Bachelor of Design (Industrial Design) course.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 11041 - Visual Representation Techniques - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11042 - Introduction to Design Thinking Techniques - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11043 - Introduction to Interaction and User-Centred Design - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11046 - Industrial Design Fundamentals - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11047 - 3D Digital Design Fundamentals - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11048 - Design for Low-Complexity - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11049 - 3D Digital Design Advanced - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11050 - Design for Medium-Complexity - 3 cp, Level 2