Breadth Major in Service Management (BM0016.1)
School of Business
School of Management
The Service Management Major prepares students for a world where businesses and organisations must adopt a service perspective to successfully create value for their customers and stakeholders. Students will develop the knowledge and skills to manage for-profit and not-for-profit service organisations and adapt to changing business models. Students will be prepared for a world of transformation, to recognise and improve well-being for individuals, organisations, and communities. Students will tackle complex service problems by utilising and synthesising concepts and ideas from multiple business disciplines. Graduates of the service management major will have an impressive knowledge base and durable skillset to enable them to lead and thrive in the emerging service society.
This breadth major is not available to students in the Bachelor of Business (Service Management) course.
Required - Must pass 21 credit points as follows
- 11176 - Marketing Fundamentals - 3 cp, Level B
- 11178 - Consumer and Buyer Behaviour - 3 cp, Level I
- 11184 - Service Management - 3 cp, Level B
- 11185 - Service Operations, Technology and Interfaces - 3 cp, Level A
- 11186 - Service Systems, Transformation and Wellbeing - 3 cp, Level A
- 11187 - Business Models and Value Creation - 3 cp, Level A
- 11188 - Service Design Project - 3 cp, Level A
- Restricted Choice - Must pass 3 credit points from the following