Breadth Major in Events and Tourism (BM0006.1)
School of Business
School of Management
The Tourism and Events breadth major investigates the key elements you'll need for a future career in events and tourism. You'll graduate with solid teamwork and critical thinking skills, exploring events in both tourism and non-tourism contexts, such as sports, festivals, conventions, meetings and community activities. Your employability will be enhanced thanks to the many practical Work Integrated Learning (WIL) opportunities you'll undertake within the industry as part of the major.
This breadth major is not available to students in the Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management course.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 11176 - Marketing Fundamentals - 3 cp, Level B
- 11210 - Destination Management and the Visitor Economy - 3 cp, Level I
- 11318 - Climate Change and Sustainable Business Futures - 3 cp, Level I
- 11320 - Event Management - 3 cp, Level A
- 11321 - Introduction to Events and Tourism - 3 cp, Level B
- 11322 - Event Development - 3 cp, Level I
- 11323 - Tourism and Communication - 3 cp, Level I
- 11325 - Tourism Policy - 3 cp, Level A