The University of Canberra MBA (Plus) offers individuals aspiring to senior management and executive roles a challenging and experiential education opportunity to develop skills and competencies relevant to managing an organisation. This includes the identification of business opportunities, establishing and effectively managing enterprises and strategically positioning organisations in a local and global context.
The course covers all aspects of contemporary business management, including business analytics and decision making, managing people and finances, marketing locally and globally, International business, the economic and political environment, entrepreneurship and innovation, leadership and, managing change.
The MBA (Plus) provides the opportunity to take 4 specialised units in more depth in an area which supports business management: human resource management, marketing, or international business.
Applicants must have an undergraduate degree or equivalent as approved by the University.
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
English Language Requirements
Academic IELTS of 6.5 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0
Information for Fee Paying Students
The fees detailed above are the annual fee rates for the course. The annual rate is the fee that applies to standard full-time enrolment, which is 24 credit points. The final fee charged is based on the proportion of 24 credit points in which a student enrols. Students enrolled in a Commonwealth Support Place (CSP) are required to make a contribution towards the cost of their education, which is set by the Commonwealth Government. Information on Commonwealth Supported Places, HECS-HELP and how fees are calculated can be found here.
|Year||CSP Places Available||Eligible for Student
Income Support (Centrelink)
Typical Study Pattern
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
- Print this Study Pattern
- Year 1
- Year 2
Standard Full Time, Semester 2 Commencing
- Print this Study Pattern
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Strategy, Innovation and Change PG
- Restricted Choice Part B Unit
- Two Restricted Choice Part A Units
- Semester 1
- Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
- Master of Business Administration (Plus) (48 credit points)
Required - Must pass 33 credit points as follows
- 6224 - Business Finance PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6234 - Economics for Managers G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6244 - International Marketing PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6261 - Marketing G - 3 cp, Level G
- 7775 - Leadership in Contemporary Organisations PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 9505 - Research Methods PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 9691 - Entrepreneurship PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 9694 - International Business PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 11396 - Business Decision Making G - 3 cp, Level G
- 11418 - Managing Human Capital G - 3 cp, Level G
- 11506 - Strategy, Innovation and Change PG - 3 cp, Level P
Restricted Choice - 15 credit points as follows
Part A - Must select 1 of the following
Human Resource Management - Must pass 12 credit points from the following
- 11417 - Sustaining the Employment Relationship PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 11422 - Sourcing and Building Capability PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 11425 - Workplace Law in Context PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 11426 - Shaping Behaviour and Strengthening Performance PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 11427 - Integrating and Aligning Human Capital PG - 3 cp, Level P
- International Business - Must pass 12 credit points as follows
- Marketing - Must pass 12 credit points as follows
- Human Resource Management - Must pass 12 credit points from the following
- Part B - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
- Part A - Must select 1 of the following
In addition to course requirements, in order to successfully complete your course you may need to meet the inherent requirements. Please refer to the inherent requirements statement applicable to your course.
Standard 2 years full time or equivalent. Maximum 6 years.
Unit Delivery Modes
Each unit within your course may be offered through various delivery modes like on campus, online, flexible and intensive modes. Check how each of your units are delivered in the Course Requirements section.
|2020||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1
|Master of Business Administration||MBA|
Alternate Exit Awards
- Graduate Certificate in Business
- Graduate Diploma in Business
Related Courses (Double Degrees, Nested Courses and Alternative Exits)
Alternative Exits: Graduate Certificate in Business Graduate Diploma in Business