Explore the challenges faced in a modern healthcare setting
Study a Graduate Certificate in Health Leadership and Management at UC and you will:
- explore challenges facing those in leadership positions in a contemporary healthcare setting
- develop a deeper understanding of current theory and best practice in health leadership
- exercise self-evaluation and reflect upon personal performance for professional development
- learn to effectively implement newly gained skills and understanding of theory to your existing role
- engage in workshop intensives to apply practical knowledge in real-life scenarios
- benefit from professional networking opportunities across the health industry.
Work Integrated Learning (WIL)
- Nurse Unit Manager
- Assistant Director of Nursing
- Leadership roles in policy
- Health service management
- Executive roles
- Allied Health HP 4,5 & 6
A. At least one year's work experience in the health sector; and
B. An undergraduate degree in a health discipline OR an undergraduate degree plus currently working in the health sector.
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
Notes for Domestic Applicants
This course is only available for part-time enrolment.
English Language Requirements
There are non-standard English language requirements for this course. To be eligible you must have an overall IELTS Academic score (or equivalent) of 7.0, with no band score below 7.0. For alternate/equivalent ways of meeting the English requirements for this course please view the English Proficiency Requirements document on the university website.
Information for Fee Paying Students
|2021||CSP/Domestic Tuition Fee (see below)|
The fees detailed above are the annual fee rates for the course. Graduate Certificate courses are typically 0.5 years in duration, so the total course fee will be half the above for such courses.The annual rate is the fee that applies to standard full-time enrolment, which is 24 credit points. The final fee charged is based on the proportion of 24 credit points in which a student enrols. Students enrolled in a Commonwealth Support Place (CSP) are required to make a contribution towards the cost of their education, which is set by the Commonwealth Government. Information on Commonwealth Supported Places, HECS-HELP and how fees are calculated can be found here.
|Year||CSP Places Available||Eligible for Student
Income Support (Centrelink)
Typical Study Pattern
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Standard Part Time, Semester 1 Commencing, Option 1
- Standard Part Time, Semester 1 Commencing, Option 2
- Standard Part Time, Semester 2 Commencing, Option 1
- Standard Part Time, Semester 2 Commencing, Option 2
- Graduate Certificate in Health Leadership and Management (12 credit points)
- Required - Must pass 12 credit points as follows
In addition to course requirements, in order to successfully complete your course you may need to meet the inherent requirements. Please refer to the inherent requirements statement applicable to your course.
Standard 1 year part time. The maximum duration is 3 years.
Unit Delivery Modes
Each unit within your course may be offered through the following delivery modes:
UC - Canberra, Bruce
|On Campus:||The unit is delivered on-campus and face to face, supplemented with online content. Most classes are run on weekdays and during business hours.|
Check how each of your units are delivered in the Course Requirements section.
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1
Work experience in the health sector.
|Graduate Certificate in Health Leadership and Management||GradCert HealthLeadership&Mgt|