This program is designed for students who may have an overseas accounting qualification and are required to undertake 4 units (12cp) to meet the requirements of the award. Students entering this award must have their qualifications assessed by either CPA Australia or Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand to identify the unit set required to meet accreditation requirements. As an individual award, the Graduate Certificate in Accounting does not meet accreditation requirements for the accounting professional bodies.
As a standalone course this degree does not meet accreditation requirements for the accounting professional bodies.
Applicants must have an undergraduate degree or equivalent as approved by the University.
Additional Admission Requirements
Students who have completed an undergraduate degree with a major in accounting with an Australian institution are ineligible for entry to the course. As an exit award, students must be enrolled in the Master of Professional Accounting and must have completed a minimum of 12 credit points to be eligible for the Graduate Certificate in Accounting.
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
English Language Requirements
Academic IELTS of 6.5 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0
Information for Fee Paying Students
The fees detailed above are the annual fee rates for the course. Graduate Certificate courses are typically 0.5 years in duration, so the total course fee will be half the above for such courses.The annual rate is the fee that applies to standard full-time enrolment, which is 24 credit points. The final fee charged is based on the proportion of 24 credit points in which a student enrols. Students enrolled in a Commonwealth Support Place (CSP) are required to make a contribution towards the cost of their education, which is set by the Commonwealth Government. Information on Commonwealth Supported Places, HECS-HELP and how fees are calculated can be found here.
- Graduate Certificate in Accounting (12 credit points)
Restricted Choice - Must pass 12 credit points from the following
- 6222 - Accounting Systems & Practices G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6223 - Auditing PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6224 - Business Finance PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6225 - Business Law G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6228 - Contemporary Issues in Accounting PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6234 - Economics for Managers G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6253 - Management Accounting PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6260 - Managing Government Finance G - 3 cp, Level G
- 8506 - Business and Government Internship PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 9504 - BGL Research Project PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 9505 - Research Methods PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 9691 - Entrepreneurship PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 11396 - Business Decision Making G - 3 cp, Level G
- 11397 - BGL Industry Project PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 11403 - Corporate Accounting PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 11404 - Law of Business Associations PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 11405 - Quantitative Methods in Commerce G - 3 cp, Level G
- 11406 - Revenue Law PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 11407 - Accounting and Decision Support Systems PG - 3 cp, Level P
In addition to course requirements, in order to successfully complete your course you may need to meet the inherent requirements. Please refer to the inherent requirements statement applicable to your course.
Standard 0.5 year full time or equivalent. Maximum 3 years.
Unit Delivery Modes
Each unit within your course may be offered through the following delivery modes:
UC - Canberra, Bruce
|Evenings:||The unit is delivered on-campus and face to face on weekday evenings.|
|Flexible:||The unit combines online study with optional on-campus, face to face activities.|
|Placement:||The unit involves an internship, practicum or other work place experience program. Some on-campus, face to face activity may also be required.|
|On Campus:||The unit is delivered on-campus and face to face, supplemented with online content. Most classes are run on weekdays and during business hours.|
|Research Project:||The unit is focused on the delivery of a research project. Attendance at regular classes is not required, however some on-campus, face to face activity may be necessary.|
|Sponsor:||The unit is delivered in conjunction with a sponsor organisation.|
Check how each of your units are delivered in the Course Requirements section.
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1
|Graduate Certificate in Accounting||GradCert Acc|
Related Courses (Double Degrees, Nested Courses and Alternative Exits)
297JA Master of Professional Accounting MGG001 Graduate Diploma in Accounting