Start your sport science career in the right condition
If you’re interested in the science of human movement, but not sure what specialty to focus on, then the 6-month, full time Graduate Certificate in Human Movement Science course is the perfect way to start your career path on the right foot.
This course will boost your knowledge of functional anatomy, biomechanics and exercise physiology while setting the groundwork to allow your study to articulate into a variety of other sports related pathways.
This course also offers fantastic networking opportunities and satisfies the Australian Physiotherapy Association and Australian Association for Exercise and Sports Sciences’ requirements for entry into the Master of Physiotherapy and Master of Exercise Science programs.
Study a Graduate Certificate in Human Movement Science at UC and you will:
- broaden the skills and knowledge you developed during an undergraduate science degree
- learn functional anatomy, biomechanics and exercise physiology
- conduct research with leaders in applied sport research
- collaborate with major sporting organisations
- bridge the gap between a biological or medical science bachelor’s degree and our Master of Physiotherapy, Master of Exercise Science and Master of Occupational Therapy program.
Opportunities exist for Graduate Certificate in Human Movement Science graduates in the sporting organisation sector, including:
- conducting sports science research
- developing equipment and investigating its effectiveness
- preparing marketing or development plans
- conducting sports events for organisations
- preparing media releases and information kits
A completed bachelor degree in a science discipline*.
* Science disciplines include biology, chemistry, medical science or biomedical science.
Admission to this course is competitive. Applications will be assessed on the basis of academic merit and the number of available places.
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
English Language Requirements
Academic IELTS of 6.5 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0
Information for Fee Paying Students
The fees detailed above are the annual fee rates for the course. Graduate Certificate courses are typically 0.5 years in duration, so the total course fee will be half the above for such courses.The annual rate is the fee that applies to standard full-time enrolment, which is 24 credit points. The final fee charged is based on the proportion of 24 credit points in which a student enrols. Students enrolled in a Commonwealth Support Place (CSP) are required to make a contribution towards the cost of their education, which is set by the Commonwealth Government. Information on Commonwealth Supported Places, HECS-HELP and how fees are calculated can be found here.
|Year||CSP Places Available||Eligible for Student
Income Support (Centrelink)
- Graduate Certificate in Human Movement Science (12 credit points)
Restricted Choice - Must pass 12 credit points from the following
- Or other Graduate or Postgraduate Level units with permission of the Course Convener.
- Masters course entry: Students should seek advice from the Course Convener to choose units that will meet pre-requisites for entry to the relevant masters course.
In addition to course requirements, in order to successfully complete your course you may need to meet the inherent requirements. Please refer to the inherent requirements statement applicable to your course.
Standard one semester full-time or equivalent. Maximum four semesters.
Unit Delivery Modes
Each unit within your course may be offered through various delivery modes like on campus, online, flexible and intensive modes. Check how each of your units are delivered in the Course Requirements section.
|2020||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1
In addition to the normal University's requirements for admission to a graduate certificate course, it would be advantageous for applicants to have completed some tertiary studies in systemic anatomy and physiology.
|Graduate Certificate in Human Movement Science||GradCert HumanMovementSc|