Good news for students considering Master of Pharmacy
If you’re a science undergraduate considering enrolment in the Master of Pharmacy course at UC, but you are missing some of the pre-requisites, then the Graduate Certificate in Pharmacotherapy course is the perfect course to help bring you up to speed - fast.
This full time (1 semester), or part-time (2 semesters) will teach you pharmacy basics in chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology, anatomy, and physiology; and allow you to meet the minimum pre-requisite units to transition into the Master of Pharmacy course confidently.
If you’re looking for a subject study change and wish to use your existing studies to leverage a new career direction in pharmacy, then this bridging course is the perfect solution. It is also a great way to test the waters if you have been outside of study for a while.
Take a proactive approach to your career in pharmacy and sign up for the Graduate Certificate in Pharmacotherapy today.
Study a Graduate Certificate in Pharmacotherapy at UC and you will:
- meet the pre-requisite units required to enter the Master of Pharmacy.
- explore additional study topics in chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology, anatomy, and physiology
- gain a better understanding of the science behind pharmacotherapy
- get valuable support and encouragement from university mentors
- open new networking opportunities
- be able to transition into the Master of Pharmacy
- discover new career options and pathways
Work Integrated Learning (WIL)
Students must hold an undergraduate science degree or hold qualifications deemed to be equivalent by the University's Admissions Committee.
To become a registered pharmacist, graduates are required to complete an internship year of supervised practice and pass Australian Pharmacy Board examinations.
A completed bachelor degree in a science discipline*.
*Science disciplines include medical science or biomedical science
Admission to this course is competitive. Applications will be assessed on the basis of academic merit and the number of available places.
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
English Language Requirements
Academic IELTS of 6.5 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0
Information for Fee Paying Students
The fees detailed above are the annual fee rates for the course. Graduate Certificate courses are typically 0.5 years in duration, so the total course fee will be half the above for such courses.The annual rate is the fee that applies to standard full-time enrolment, which is 24 credit points. The final fee charged is based on the proportion of 24 credit points in which a student enrols. Students enrolled in a Commonwealth Support Place (CSP) are required to make a contribution towards the cost of their education, which is set by the Commonwealth Government. Information on Commonwealth Supported Places, HECS-HELP and how fees are calculated can be found here.
- Graduate Certificate in Pharmacotherapy (12 credit points)
Restricted Choice - Must pass 12 credit points from the following
- 6479 - Chemistry 1A G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6480 - Biochemistry G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6485 - Chemistry 1B G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6486 - Research Planning PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 7202 - Regional Anatomy and Physiology G - 3 cp, Level G
- 7896 - Systemic Anatomy and Physiology G - 3 cp, Level G
- 8562 - Psychology 102 G - 3 cp, Level G
- 9586 - Essential Pharmacology G - 3 cp, Level G
- 10240 - Evidence Based Medicine 1 G - 3 cp, Level G
- 10241 - Evidence Based Medicine 2 G - 3 cp, Level G
In addition to course requirements, in order to successfully complete your course you may need to meet the inherent requirements. Please refer to the inherent requirements statement applicable to your course.
One semester full-time or equivalent. Maximum four semesters.
Unit Delivery Modes
Each unit within your course may be offered through the following delivery modes:
UC - Canberra, Bruce
|On Campus:||The unit is delivered on-campus and face to face, supplemented with online content. Most classes are run on weekdays and during business hours.|
|Online:||The unit is studied completely online. On-campus, face to face interaction is not required.|
Check how each of your units are delivered in the Course Requirements section.
|Graduate Certificate in Pharmacotherapy||GC Pharmacotherapy|
Related Courses (Double Degrees, Nested Courses and Alternative Exits)