Make it your business to know what’s going on
This highly flexible course will help you develop exceptional business decision-making skills covering a diverse range of management subjects including business and management, decision making, political and legal frameworks, and the management of people.
This course has been specifically designed to prepare you for a range of business management positions in both the government and private sectors by teaching you the business skills to be able to adapt seamlessly to any business environment.
Make it your business to know all things business from the ground up with a respected qualification from UC.
Study a Graduate Certificate in Business at UC and you will:
- critically evaluate a range of core and contemporary concepts and theories of organisations and their management
- analyse and synthesise information and be able to critique and effectively communicate in a business and management context
- apply concepts, theories, and experience to business problems and propose sustainable solutions demonstrating initiative, creativity and social responsibility
- gain insight into the management of people and leadership development
- learn to communicate professionally and proficiently to a wide demographic
- gain high level industry contacts and networking opportunities
- have the experience and skills to confidently advance into a variety of career paths, including senior management positions.
Work Integrated Learning (WIL)
- general manager
- business owner
- management consultant
- arts administrator
- council representative
- business administration manager
- project manager
- program manager
Applicants must have a bachelor degree or equivalent in a non-business field, as approved by the University.
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
English Language Requirements
Academic IELTS of 6.5 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0
Information for Fee Paying Students
The fees detailed above are the annual fee rates for the course. Graduate Certificate courses are typically 0.5 years in duration, so the total course fee will be half the above for such courses.The annual rate is the fee that applies to standard full-time enrolment, which is 24 credit points. The final fee charged is based on the proportion of 24 credit points in which a student enrols. Students enrolled in a Commonwealth Support Place (CSP) are required to make a contribution towards the cost of their education, which is set by the Commonwealth Government. Information on Commonwealth Supported Places, HECS-HELP and how fees are calculated can be found here.
Typical Study Pattern
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
- Standard Full Time, Semester 2 Commencing
- Graduate Certificate in Business (12 credit points)
- Required - Must pass 12 credit points as follows
In addition to course requirements, in order to successfully complete your course you may need to meet the inherent requirements. Please refer to the inherent requirements statement applicable to your course.
Standard one semester full-time or equivalent. Maximum of six semesters
Unit Delivery Modes
Each unit within your course may be offered through the following delivery modes:
UC - Canberra, Bruce
|Evenings:||The unit is delivered on-campus and face to face on weekday evenings.|
|Flexible:||The unit combines online study with optional on-campus, face to face activities.|
|On Campus:||The unit is delivered on-campus and face to face, supplemented with online content. Most classes are run on weekdays and during business hours.|
Check how each of your units are delivered in the Course Requirements section.
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1
|Graduate Certificate in Business||GradCert Bus|