Master of International Business / Master of Marketing Management - 971AA
|Location:||UC - Canberra, Bruce|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline(s):||Canberra Business School|
|English Language Requirements:||Academic IELTS of 6.5 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0|
A combined Masters degree in International Business and Marketing Management provides candidates with the opportunity of completing two degrees within one period of candidature. The MIB/MMktgMgt is designed to develop competencies in the core areas of international business administration as well as provide a comprehensive understanding of concepts, techniques and professional applications in marketing.
In particular, the advanced level marketing units provide depth and breadth in strategic thinking and analytical tools in marketing, while advanced level international business units concentrate on international aspects of trade across different functional areas of management.
- Prospective Domestic Students
- Email email@example.com or Phone 1800 UNI CAN (1800 864 226)
- Prospective International Students
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone +61 2 6201 5342
- Current and Commencing Students
- In person Faculty of Business, Government and Law student support area (Building 11, Level B, Room 27 - Reception counter) or Email BGLCourseConveners@canberra.edu.au
A recognised undergraduate degree, or completion of the Graduate Diploma in International Business or Graduate Diploma in Marketing or Graduate Diploma in Business Administration, and where appropriate, UC English language requirements.
Additional Admission Requirements
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
- Master of International Business / Master of Marketing Management (48 credit points)
Required - Must pass 45 credit points as follows
- 6221 - Accounting for Managers G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6224 - Business Finance PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6229 - Contemporary Issues in Marketing PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6230 - Consumer Behaviour G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6234 - Economics for Managers G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6241 - International Business G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6242 - International Financial Management PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6245 - International Trade Law PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6261 - Marketing G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6262 - Marketing Management PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6263 - Marketing Research Methods PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6264 - Organisational Behaviour G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6275 - Statistical Analysis & Decision Making G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6277 - Strategic Management PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6344 - Business to Business Marketing PG - 3 cp, Level P
- Restricted Choice - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
|Master of International Business||M IntlBus|
|Master of Marketing Management||M MktgMgt|
|Graduate Diploma in Business Administration||Graduate Certificate in Marketing||Graduate Diploma in International Business||Master of Marketing Management||Graduate Diploma in Marketing||Graduate Certificate in Business Administration||Master of International Business|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
- Print this Study Pattern
- Semester 1
- Semester 2
- Semester 1
- Semester 2
- Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
Please refer to the tab to view Course Requirements, check unit details and select Restricted Choice Units for the course. Please note not all units are offered in each teaching period.
Unit Delivery ModesDelivery modes for units in this degree are yet to be confirmed. Please contact us for more details.
Closed to new admissions from semester 2, 2014. Please contact the Faculty via the enquiry details below for further information.
The course is suitable for candidates who do not have work experience, but who aspire to develop marketing careers in a global business context.
|Course Objectives||Graduate Qualities|
|On completion of the program, graduates will have acquired:
- the financial, marketing and people skills essential to a management role in a globally competitive business environment;
|- advanced knowledge and understanding of the current dynamics in international business;||.|
|- the ability to apply such knowledge to the operational mechanisms of international trade within its legal and ethical framework;||.|
|- an in-depth understanding of the underlying theories and concept that inform alternative perspectives adopted in approaching issues and problems in marketing.||.|
|- Graduates are expected to demonstrate high levels of analytical, problem solving and communication skills.||.|
Standard four semesters full-time or equivalent. Maximum twelve semesters.
- 2012->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2013->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2014->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2015->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2016->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2017->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2018->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2019->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
View the number of student enrolments for this course for the previous full year. Please note that course numbers are indicative only and in no way reflect individual class sizes.