Master of Business Administration / Master of Marketing Management - 968AA
|Location:||UC - Canberra, Bruce|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline(s):||Canberra Business School|
|English Language Requirements:||Academic IELTS of 6.5 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0|
A combined Masters degree in Business Administration and Marketing Management provides candidates with the opportunity of completing two degrees within one period of candidature.
The MBA/MMrktgMgt is designed to develop competencies in the core areas of business administration (accounting and finance, managing people, economics, data analysis, international business, ethics and strategy) as well as provide a comprehensive understanding of concepts, techniques and professional applications in marketing.
In particular, the advanced level marketing units provide depth and breadth in strategic thinking and analytical tools in marketing and business.
- Prospective Domestic Students
- Email email@example.com or Phone 1800 UNI CAN (1800 864 226)
- Prospective International Students
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone +61 2 6201 5342
- Current and Commencing Students
- In person Faculty of Business, Government and Law student support area (Building 11, Level B, Room 27 - Reception counter) or Email BGLCourseConveners@canberra.edu.au
A recognised undergraduate degree and a minimum of two years relevant work experience; or completion of the Graduate Diploma in Business Administration or Graduate Diploma in Marketing or Graduate Diploma in International Business
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
- Master of Business Administration / Master of Marketing Management (48 credit points)
Required - Must pass 39 credit points as follows
- 6221 - Accounting for Managers G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6224 - Business Finance PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6230 - Consumer Behaviour G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6234 - Economics for Managers G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6241 - International Business G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6244 - International Marketing PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6255 - Management Ethics PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6261 - Marketing G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6262 - Marketing Management PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6263 - Marketing Research Methods PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6264 - Organisational Behaviour G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6275 - Statistical Analysis & Decision Making G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6277 - Strategic Management PG - 3 cp, Level P
- Restricted Choice - Must pass 9 credit points from the following
|Master of Business Administration||MBA|
|Master of Marketing Management||M MktgMgt|
|Graduate Diploma in Business Administration||Graduate Certificate in Marketing||Graduate Diploma in International Business||Master of Marketing Management||Master of Business Administration||Graduate Diploma in Marketing||Graduate Certificate in Business Administration|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
- Print this Study Pattern
- Semester 1
- Semester 2
- Semester 1
- Semester 2
- Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
Please refer to the tab to view Course Requirements, check unit details and select Restricted Choice Units for the course. Please note not all units are offered in each teaching period.
Unit Delivery ModesDelivery modes for units in this degree are yet to be confirmed. Please contact us for more details.
This course is closed to new admissions from end of semester 1, 2014. Please contact the Faculty via the enquiry details below for further information.
The course is suitable for candidates who are working in a marketing area or who aspire to do so and who wish to complement their practical knowledge with a sound theoretical base. The study of business administration and marketing at an advanced level may enable candidates to move more rapidly into senior marketing positions in consumer, business, government, community service and not-for-profit organisations.
|Course Objectives||Graduate Qualities|
|Graduates will have an appreciation of basic principles and tools necessary to pursue further studies in the broad field of business administration.||.|
|Graduates are expected to demonstrate high levels of analytical, problem solving and communication skills.||.|
|Graduates will have an in-depth understanding of the underlying theories and concepts that inform alternative perspectives adopted in approaching issues and problems in marketing.||.|
Standard four semesters full-time or equivalent. Maximum twelve semesters.
Related Courses (Double Degrees, Nested Courses and Alternative Exits)
Master of Business Administration/ Master of International Business; Master of Business Administration/Master of Professional Accounting.
- 2012->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2013->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2014->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2015->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2016->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2017->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2018->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2019->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2020->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
View the number of student enrolments for the previous full year. Please note that course numbers are indicative only and in no way reflect individual class sizes.