Master of Business Administration / Master of International Business - 967AA
|Location:||UC - Canberra, Bruce|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline(s):||Canberra Business School|
|English Language Requirements:||Academic IELTS of 6.5 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0|
A combined Masters degree in Business Administration and International Business provides candidates with the opportunity of completing two internationally recognised and complementary degrees within one period of candidature. The MBA/MIB promotes both depth and breadth in the acquisition of contemporary knowledge and skills in core business disciplines with an international focus.
Core studies are undertaken in finance, accounting, marketing, economics, international business, management ethics, people management and strategy, together with elective units chosen from a range of business disciplines.
- Current and Commencing Students
- In person Faculty of Business, Government and Law student support area (Building 11, Level B, Room 27 - Reception counter) or Email BGLCourseConveners@canberra.edu.au
- Prospective Domestic Students
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 1800 UNI CAN (1800 864 226)
- Prospective International Students
- Email email@example.com or Phone +61 2 6201 5342
A recognised undergraduate degree and a minimum of two years relevant work experience; or completion of the Graduate Diploma of Business Administration or Graduate Diploma of International Business.
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
- Master of Business Administration / Master of International Business (48 credit points)
Required - Must pass 36 credit points as follows
- 6221 - Accounting for Managers G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6224 - Business Finance PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6234 - Economics for Managers G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6238 - Human Resource Management G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6241 - International Business G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6244 - International Marketing PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6245 - International Trade Law PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6255 - Management Ethics PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6261 - Marketing G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6264 - Organisational Behaviour G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6275 - Statistical Analysis & Decision Making G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6277 - Strategic Management PG - 3 cp, Level P
- Restricted Choice - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
Open Electives - 9 credit points as follows
- Must pass 9 credit points at Graduate or Postgraduate Level from anywhere in the University, with at least 3 credit points at Postgraduate Level.
|Master of Business Administration||MBA|
|Master of International Business||M IntlBus|
|Graduate Diploma in Business Administration||Graduate Diploma in International Business||Master of Business Administration||Graduate Certificate in Business Administration||Master of International Business|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
- Print this Study Pattern
- Semester 1
- Semester 2
- Semester 1
- Semester 2
- Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
Please refer to the tab to view Course Requirements, check unit details and select Restricted Choice Units for the course. Please note not all units are offered in each teaching period.
Unit Delivery ModesDelivery modes for units in this degree are yet to be confirmed. Please contact us for more details.
Closed to new admissions from semester 2, 2014. Please contact the Faculty via the enquiry details below for further information.
The program is suited to a wide range of interests, but is particularly relevant to those who plan a career in organisations that conduct business beyond a single domestic economy, for example careers with multinational enterprises, joint ventures, export oriented firms and public sector bodies involved in cross-border commercial issues.
|Course Objectives||Graduate Qualities|
|On completion of the program, graduates will have acquired the financial, marketing and people skills essential to a management role in a globally competitive business environment; advanced knowledge and understanding of the current dynamics in international business; and the ability to apply such knowledge to the operational mechanisms of international trade within its legal and ethical framework.||Graduates are expected to be able to:
a. plan and manage successfully in an increasingly complex and turbulent national and international environment, but within the framework of societal values.
b. demonstrate high levels of analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
c. apply a creative, innovative and ethical approach in seeking new business opportunities and to act as an agent of change in organisational transformation.
Standard four semesters full-time or equivalent. Maximum twelve semesters.
Related Courses (Double Degrees, Nested Courses and Alternative Exits)
Master of Business Administration/Master of Marketing Management; Master of Business Adiministration/Master of Professional Accounting.
- 2012->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2013->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2014->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2015->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2016->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2017->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2018->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2019->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2020->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
View the number of student enrolments for the previous full year. Please note that course numbers are indicative only and in no way reflect individual class sizes.