Master of Professional Accounting (Extended) - 966AA
|Location:||UC - Canberra, Bruce|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline(s):||School of Information Systems & Accounting|
|English Language Requirements:||Academic IELTS of 6.5 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0|
The Master of Professional Accounting (Extended) provides a strong applied and theoretical grounding in all aspects of accounting. It has been designed for graduates who have not undertaken a major in accounting in their undergraduate degrees or who have undertaken an accounting major with an educational institution incorporated outside Australia. Students who have undertaken an undergraduate degree with a major in accounting with an Australian institution are ineligible for entry to the degree.
The Master of Professional Accounting (Extended) (16 units) is an extension of our current Master of Professional Accounting (12 unit - which already has been accredited by both CPA and ICAA) and provides a choice of additional four units from a suite of electives.
- Prospective Domestic Students
- Email email@example.com or Phone 1800 UNI CAN (1800 864 226)
- Prospective International Students
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone +61 2 6201 5342
- Current and Commencing Students
- In person Faculty of Business, Government and Law student support area (Building 11, Level B, Room 27 - Reception counter) or Email BGLCourseConveners@canberra.edu.au
Applicants must have a degree or an award that, in the opinion of the University is the equivalent of a three-year degree conferred by a tertiary institution recognised by the University. There are no work experience requirements. Students who have undertaken an undergraduate degree with a major in accounting with an Australian institution are ineligible for entry to the degree.
Students without a prior undergraduate degree who have relevant work experiences which qualify for Equivalent Graduate Status under the Admissions policy of the University can enter the Master of Professional Accounting (Extended) course through the Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting or the Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting.
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
- Master of Professional Accounting (Extended) (48 credit points)
Required - Must pass 36 credit points as follows
- 6221 - Accounting for Managers G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6222 - Accounting Systems & Practices G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6223 - Auditing PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6224 - Business Finance PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6225 - Business Law G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6227 - Company Accounting PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6228 - Contemporary Issues in Accounting PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6231 - Corporate Law & Practice G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6234 - Economics for Managers G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6253 - Management Accounting PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6275 - Statistical Analysis & Decision Making G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6279 - Taxation Law & Practice G - 3 cp, Level G
Open Electives - 12 credit points as follows
- Must pass 12 credit points at Graduate or Postgraduate Level from anywhere in the University.
|Master of Professional Accounting (Extended)||M ProfAcc(Extended)|
|Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting||Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
- Print this Study Pattern
- Semester 1
- Semester 2
- Semester 1
- Contemporary Issues in Accounting PG (6228) - 3 cp, Level P
- Corporate Law & Practice G (6231) - 3 cp, Level G
- Two Open Elective Units- 6 cp
- Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
Please refer to the tab to view Course Requirements, check unit details and select Restricted Choice Units for the course. Please note not all units are offered in each teaching period.
Unit Delivery ModesDelivery modes for units in this degree are yet to be confirmed. Please contact us for more details.
Course closed from end of semester 2, 2014. Please contact the Faculty via the enquiry details below for further information.
This course is accredited by CPA Australia and the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ).
A unique feature of the course is that besides providing a solid professional background in accounting, it allows the student to specialise in areas such as finance, financial planning, public sector management, business administration and others by choosing appropriate units as an add on to accounting. This will considerably widen the knowledge and skill base of the graduates and help provide more opportunities for employment.
|Course Objectives||Graduate Qualities|
|1. To be able to communicate professionally.||.|
|2. Acquire knowledge of professional ethics.||.|
|3. Develop independence in thinking.||.|
Standard: 4 semesters full-time or equivalent. Maximum: 12 semesters.
Related Courses (Double Degrees, Nested Courses and Alternative Exits)
The following awards are subsumable into the Master of Professional Accounting (Extended): - Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting - Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting
- 2012->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2013->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2014->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2015->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2016->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2017->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2018->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2019->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
View the number of student enrolments for this course for the previous full year. Please note that course numbers are indicative only and in no way reflect individual class sizes.