Master of International Business (Extended) - 965AA
|Location:||UC - Canberra, Bruce|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline(s):||School of Management|
|English Language Requirements:||Academic IELTS of 6.5 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0|
The Master of International Business (Extended) is aimed at graduates interested in business training in the context of a globalised business environment. This course recognises the importance of an international trade culture at all levels of business activity, and that a manager's qualifications and competencies need to have the same international dimension.
The program of study is designed to:
(i) develop core business management skills;
(ii) provide the opportunity for an advanced concentration of studies in international aspects of trade across different functional areas of management, and
(iii) the opportunity to study relevant elective units to further enhance a student's understanding of the globalised business environment.
The MIB (Extended) is suitable for recent graduates as it does not have a work experience requirement. The degree is also appropriate for graduates of some years standing seeking to move forward from domestic business into international business.
- Prospective Domestic Students
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 1800 UNI CAN (1800 864 226)
- Prospective International Students
- Email email@example.com or Phone +61 2 6201 5342
- Current and Commencing Students
- In person Faculty of Business, Government and Law student support area (Building 11, Level B, Room 27 - Reception counter) or Email BGLCourseConveners@canberra.edu.au
A recognised undergraduate degree, or completion of the Graduate Diploma of International Business or Graduate Diploma of Business Administration, and where appropriate, UC English language requirements.
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
- Master of International Business (Extended) (48 credit points)
Required - Must pass 39 credit points as follows
- 6221 - Accounting for Managers G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6224 - Business Finance PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6234 - Economics for Managers G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6238 - Human Resource Management G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6241 - International Business G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6243 - International HRM PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6244 - International Marketing PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6245 - International Trade Law PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6261 - Marketing G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6264 - Organisational Behaviour G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6275 - Statistical Analysis & Decision Making G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6277 - Strategic Management PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6427 - Asia Pacific Business G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6275 Statistical Analysis and Decision Making G: Students who have previously completed Statistics at tertiary level may substitute this unit with an Open Elective unit.
Open Electives - 9 credit points as follows
- Must pass 9 credit points at Graduate or Postgraduate Level from anywhere in the University, with at least 3 credit points as Postgraduate Level.
|Master of International Business (Extended)||M IntlBus(Extended)|
|Graduate Diploma in Business Administration||Graduate Diploma in International Business||Graduate Certificate in Business Administration|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
- Print this Study Pattern
- Semester 1
- Semester 2
- Semester 1
- Semester 2
- Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
Please refer to the tab to view Course Requirements, check unit details and select Restricted Choice Units for the course. Please note not all units are offered in each teaching period.
Unit Delivery ModesDelivery modes for units in this degree are yet to be confirmed. Please contact us for more details.
This course is closed to new admissions from Semester 2, 2014. Please contact the Faculty via the contact details below for further information.
The course provides graduates with a framework for developing a successful international business strategy and is suitable for business professionals, line managers, government advisers, consultants and those with international interests.
|Course Objectives||Graduate Qualities|
|On completion of the program, graduates will have acquired the financial, marketing and people skills essential to the management role in a globally competitive business environment; advanced knowledge and understanding of the current dynamics in international business; and the ability to apply such knowledge to the operational mechanisms of international trade within its legal and ethical framework.||Graduates are expected to be able to plan and manage successfully in an increasingly complex and turbulent national and international environment, but within the framework of societal values.
Graduates are expected to demonstrate high levels of analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
Standard four semesters full-time or equivalent. Maximum twelve semesters.
- 2012->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2013->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2014->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2015->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2016->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2017->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2018->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
View the number of student enrolments for this course for the previous full year. Please note that course numbers are indicative only and in no way reflect individual class sizes.