Diploma of Information Technology (Extended) - 936AA
|Location:||UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline(s):||Academic Program Area - Technology|
|Selection Rank:||ATAR TBC|
|English Language Requirements:||Academic IELTS of 5.5 or equivalent|
Your direct path to a career in Information Technology
Are you an international student interested in Information Technology? IT career professionals are highly sought after, and our Diploma in Information Technology (Extended) is the perfect place to start.
You might dream of being a web designer, games programmer, business analyst, IT security expert or perhaps a project manager. Whatever the IT role, our Diploma in Information Technology provides the foundation.
The extended diploma is right for you if you need more help with your English or any other study skills.
Study a Diploma in Information Technology (extended) at UC and you will:
- be prepared for any field of information technology available today
- be supported to develop the skills needed for ongoing success in your studies.
Upon finishing your diploma you will gain direct entry to the 2nd year of our:
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Business Informatics
- Bachelor of Software Engineering.
Important to know
- This diploma takes 3 terms or 1 year of full time study. You have up to 8 terms to finish, if needed.
- If English is your second language you will need an academic IELTS of 5.5 or TOEFL equivalent.
Students are required to meet English Language requirements and general admission requirements to the University of Canberra College.
Periods Course is Open to New Admissions
|2021||UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce||UCC Trimester 1
UCC Trimester 2
UCC Trimester 3
|2022||UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce||UCC Trimester 1
UCC Trimester 2
UCC Trimester 3
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
- Diploma of Information Technology (Extended) (36 credit points)
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 4483 - Software Technology 1 - 3 cp, Level 1
- 5531 - Introduction to Software Engineering - 3 cp, Level 1
- 5915 - Database Design - 3 cp, Level 1
- 6348 - Information Systems in Organisations - 3 cp, Level 1
- 6698 - Discrete Mathematics - 3 cp, Level 1
- 7722 - Professional Practice in IT - 3 cp, Level 1
- 7790 - Computing (general) (UCC) - 3 cp, Level 1
- 9966 - IT Mathematics - 3 cp, Level 1
- All students must also complete the UC College unit Academic Orientation (not for credit).
Restricted Choice - Must select 1 of the following
- Option 1 - Must pass 6 credit points as follows
- Option 2 - Must pass 6 credit points as follows
Open Electives - 6 credit points as follows
- Must pass 6 credit points from anywhere in the University.
|Diploma of Information Technology||DipIT|
UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce
Standard Full Time, Trimester 1 Commencing
- Print this Study Pattern
- Computing (general) (UCC) (7790) - 3 cp, Level 1
- IT Mathematics (9966) - 3 cp, Level 1
- Information Systems in Organisations (6348) - 3 cp, Level 1
- English 1: Language and Culture (UCC) (7787) OR English 2: Language and Culture (UCC) (7788)- 3 cp
- UCC Academic Orientation- 0 cp
- Discrete Mathematics (6698) - 3 cp, Level 1
- Introduction to Software Engineering (5531) - 3 cp, Level 1
- English 2: Language and Culture (UCC) (7788) OR Academic English (9487)- 3 cp
- Open Elective Unit- 3 cp
- Trimester 3
- Trimester 1
- Standard Full Time, Trimester 1 Commencing
Please refer to the tab to view Course Requirements, check unit details and select Restricted Choice Units for the course. Please note not all units are offered in each teaching period.
Unit Delivery Modes
The University offers a wide range of delivery options to help you balance study with other commitments. Units within this degree may be available to be studied in the following delivery modes:
|On Campus:||The unit is delivered on-campus and face to face, supplemented with online content. Most classes are run on weekdays and during business hours.|
To find out more about delivery modes that are available for units in this course please visit
Information for Fee Paying Students
The fees detailed above are the annual fee rates for the course. The annual rate is the fee that applies to standard full-time enrolment, which is 24 credit points. The final fee charged is based on the proportion of 24 credit points in which a student enrols. Students enrolled in a Commonwealth Support Place (CSP) are required to make a contribution towards the cost of their education, which is set by the Commonwealth Government. Information on Commonwealth Supported Places, HECS-HELP and how fees are calculated can be found here.
Standard: 3 terms full-time or equivalent. Maximum: 8 terms.
- 2017->UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce-Internal
- 2018->UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce-Internal
- 2019->UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce-Internal
View the number of student enrolments for the previous full year. Please note that course numbers are indicative only and in no way reflect individual class sizes.