Diploma of Information Technology - 935AA
|Location:||UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline(s):||Academic Program Area - Technology|
|Selection Rank:||ATAR TBC|
|English Language Requirements:||Academic IELTS 6.0 or equivalent|
Your direct path to a career in Information Technology
Are you an international student interested in Information Technology? IT career professionals are highly sought after, and our Diploma in Information Technology is the perfect place to start.
You might dream of being a web designer, games programmer, business analyst, IT security expert or perhaps a project manager. Whatever the IT role, our Diploma in Information Technology will provide the foundation
Study a Diploma in Information Technology at UC and you will:
- be supported to develop the skills needed for ongoing success in your studies
- be broadly prepared for any field of information technology available today.
Finishing your diploma gives you direct entry to the 2nd year of our:
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Business Informatics
- Bachelor of Software Engineering.
Important to know
- This diploma takes 2 terms full time study. You have up to 8 terms to finish, if needed.
- If English is your second language you will need an Academic IELTS of 6.0 or TOEFL equivalent.
Students are required to meet English Language requirements and general admission requirements to the University of Canberra College.
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
- Diploma of Information Technology (24 credit points)
- Required - Must pass 18 credit points as follows
- All students must complete the UC College unit Academic Orientation (not for credit).
Open Electives - 6 credit points as follows
- Must pass 6 credit points from anywhere in the University.
There are previous versions of this course. As a current student you will complete the requirements for the course that were in place when you commenced. Click on the relevant link below to view the requirements of your version of the course.
- Version3 - Start Date: 26/06/2017 End Date: Current Version
- Version2 - Start Date: 01/01/2017 End Date: 25/06/2017
|Diploma of Information Technology||DipIT|
UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce
Standard Full Time, Trimester 1 Commencing
- Print this Study Pattern
College Term 1
- Discrete Mathematics (6698) - 3 cp, Level 1
- Information Systems in Organisations (6348) - 3 cp, Level 1
- Introduction to Software Engineering (5531) - 3 cp, Level 1
- Open Elective Unit- 3 cp
- UCC Academic Orientation- 0 cp
- College Term 2
- College Term 1
- Standard Full Time, Trimester 1 Commencing
Please refer to the tab to view Course Requirements, check unit details and select Restricted Choice Units for the course. Please note not all units are offered in each teaching period.
Unit Delivery ModesDelivery modes for units in this degree are yet to be confirmed. Please contact us for more details.
Standard: 2 terms full-time or equivalent. Maximum: 8 terms.
- 2017->UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce-Internal
- 2018->UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce-Internal
- 2019->UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce-Internal
View the number of student enrolments for the previous full year. Please note that course numbers are indicative only and in no way reflect individual class sizes.