Graduate Certificate in Human Movement Science - 868AA
|Location:||UC - Canberra, Bruce|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline(s):||Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science|
|English Language Requirements:||Academic IELTS of 6.5 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0|
Start your sport science career in the right condition
If you’re interested in the science of human movement, but not sure what specialty to focus on, then the 6-month, full time Graduate Certificate in Human Movement Science course is the perfect way to start your career path on the right foot.
This course will boost your knowledge of functional anatomy, biomechanics and exercise physiology while setting the groundwork to allow your study to articulate into a variety of other sports related pathways.
This course allows you to bridge the knowledge gap for graduate entry into a number of Masters programs. This includes UC's Master of Speech Pathology, Master of Strength and Conditioning and satisfies the Australian Physiotherapy Association's requirements for entry into the Master of Physiotherapy.
Study a Graduate Certificate in Human Movement Science at UC and you will:
- broaden the skills and knowledge you developed during an undergraduate science degree
- learn functional anatomy, biomechanics and exercise physiology
- build on your biological or medical science bachelor’s degree to be able to apply for our Master of Physiotherapy, Master of Strength and Conditioning and Master of Speech Pathology degrees.
Opportunities exist for Graduate Certificate in Human Movement Science graduates in the sporting organisation sector, including:
- conducting sports science research
- gateway to further study in strength and conditioning and physiotherapy
- delivering Sport Science services for sporting teams and institutes
- conducting Sports Events for organisations
- Prospective Domestic Students
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 1800 UNI CAN (1800 864 226)
- Prospective International Students
- Email email@example.com or Phone +61 2 6201 5342
- Current and Commencing Students
- Please contact the Faculty of Health faculty office, email firstname.lastname@example.org
A completed bachelor degree in a science discipline*.
* Science disciplines include biology, chemistry, medical science or biomedical science.
Admission to this course is competitive. Applications will be assessed on the basis of academic merit and the number of available places.
In addition to the normal University's requirements for admission to a graduate certificate course, it would be advantageous for applicants to have completed some tertiary studies in systemic anatomy and physiology.
Periods Course is Open to New Admissions
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
|Graduate Certificate in Human Movement Science||GradCert HumanMovementSc|
Unit Delivery ModesDelivery modes for units in this degree are yet to be confirmed. Please contact us for more details.
Information for Fee Paying Students
The fees detailed above are the annual fee rates for the course. Graduate Certificate courses are typically 0.5 years in duration, so the total course fee will be half the above for such courses.The annual rate is the fee that applies to standard full-time enrolment, which is 24 credit points. The final fee charged is based on the proportion of 24 credit points in which a student enrols. Students enrolled in a Commonwealth Support Place (CSP) are required to make a contribution towards the cost of their education, which is set by the Commonwealth Government. Information on Commonwealth Supported Places, HECS-HELP and how fees are calculated can be found here.
Special Class Delivery Details
Students have the opportunity to accelerate or spread their study through enrolment in units offered in the University's Winter Term.
|Course Objectives||Graduate Qualities|
|1. To provide the necessary knowledge and understanding required by the Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA) and AAESS (Australian Association for Exercise and Sports Sciences) for entry into Master of Physiotherapy and Master of Exercise Science programmes.||Effective Workplace skills Social Responsibilities Life Long Skills Personable Attributes|
|2. To provide the underpinning intellectual and practical transferable skills to allow students to further their education or pursue a career in the health, exercise and sport environment.||Communication Information, Literacy and Numeracy Information Communication and Technology Working with others Ethics Problem Solving|
Standard one semester full-time or equivalent. Maximum four semesters.
- 2012->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2013->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2014->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2015->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2016->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2017->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2018->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2019->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2020->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
View the number of student enrolments for the previous full year. Please note that course numbers are indicative only and in no way reflect individual class sizes.