Professional Doctorate in Information Sciences (Research) - 862AA
|Location:||UC - Canberra, Bruce|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline(s):||Academic Program Area - Technology|
|English Language Requirements:||Academic IELTS of 6.5 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0|
The Professional Doctorate in Information Sciences is a rigorous higher degree by research oriented to the informed and critical application of knowledge to problems and issues concerning the Information professions and their professional practice. It offers professionals in the information sciences (including business informatics, information technology, statistics, mathematics, and engineering) an opportunity to study advanced subjects in these areas and to undertake research in a specialist area of information sciences. The main objective of this course is the extension of knowledge, expertise and skills towards the improvement of professional practice in information sciences. It provides advanced study and reflection on practice in the information professions by both drawing on student's professional experience and expertise, and extending it. The professional doctorate therefore provides the opportunity to bring together, in a scholarly submission, professional work done over a period of time.
The course is intended to develop the capacity of individuals to lead development of knowledge in their professional contexts.
The entry requirements of the course are:
- a degree in information sciences (such as Bachelor of Business Informatics, Bachelor of Information Technology, Bachelor of Software Engineering) with an average grade of credit or better; or
- a Master of Technology or equivalent with an average grade of credit or better; and
- at least five years of appropriately high-level professional practice in information science; and
- evidence of capacity for doing research at the doctoral level. (as per Gold Book 126.96.36.199)
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
|Doctor of Information Sciences||DInfSc|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
- Print this Study Pattern
- Four Coursework Units- 12 cp
- Inf. Sc. Research Methodology PG (6797) - 3 cp, Level P
- Three Coursework Units- 9 cp
- Semester 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
- Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
Please refer to the tab to view Course Requirements, check unit details and select Restricted Choice Units for the course. Please note not all units are offered in each teaching period.
Unit Delivery ModesDelivery modes for units in this degree are yet to be confirmed. Please contact us for more details.
Standard: six semesters full-time or equivalent. Maximum: eight semesters.
- 2012->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2013->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2014->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2015->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2016->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2017->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2018->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2019->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
View the number of student enrolments for this course for the previous full year. Please note that course numbers are indicative only and in no way reflect individual class sizes.