Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood/Primary/Secondary Teaching Conversion - 856AA
|Location:||UC - Canberra, Bruce|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline(s):||Academic Program Area - Education|
|English Language Requirements:||
There are non-standard English language requirements for this course. To be eligible you must have an academic IELTS or equivalent of 7.5. Students who have undertaken all of their education in an English speaking country (as defined on UC website) are deemed to have met our English language proficiency requirements.
This course is designed for teachers to upgrade their qualifications to what is commonly referred to as a 'minimum requirement for teaching', i.e. a Bachelor of Education degree. The course is structured with a balance between four educational theory units and a coherent series of four professional study options. The professional study options are selected with the approval of the course convener. Professional Experience components may be required as an additional unit if the course convener deems it necessary. Students completing this course will have a foundation from which to pursue research and postgraduate study in teaching and education.
Additional Teacher Registration requirements:
International students are also advised that there are English Language requirements for employment in Australia that can be met through the completion of four full years (or part time equivalent) of tertiary study in English in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada or the Republic of Ireland, or through completing a proof of English language proficiency assessment with IELTS bands with no score below 7 in any of the four skills areas and a score of no less than 8 in speaking and listening.
Applicants must meet normal University requirements for admission to an undergraduate course and must also:
a) Have completed the Academic requirements of an undergraduate Bachelor or Diploma of Teaching and have completed 2 years relevant teaching experience OR
b) Hold a combination of qualifications and work experience deemed equivalent by the University's Admissions Committee.
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
- Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood/Primary/Secondary Teaching Conversion (24 credit points)
Required - 12 credit points as follows
MN0102 Minor in Teacher Education (Conversion) (Restricted) (12 credit points)
- Required - Must pass 3 credit points as follows
Restricted Choice - Must pass 9 credit points from the following
- 4782 - Education Foundations - 3 cp, Level 1
- 6577 - Indigenous Education: What Works - 3 cp, Level 1
- 6732 - Promoting Positive Learning Environments - 3 cp, Level 2
- 6889 - Socio-Cultural Politics of Education - 3 cp, Level 4
- 6895 - Information Technology and Education - 3 cp, Level 3
- 8828 - Teacher as Researcher ECP - 3 cp, Level 4
- MN0102 Minor in Teacher Education (Conversion) (Restricted) (12 credit points)
Restricted Choice - Must pass 12 credit points from the following
- Any units that form a coherent set of professional study options as approved by the Course Convener.
- Unit Levels: In selecting units students should note that no more than 12 credit points at Level 1 is permitted for the entire course.
|Bachelor of Education||BEd|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
- Print this Study Pattern
- Responding to Individual Needs in Education (6733) - 3 cp, Level 2
- MN0102 Two Restricted Choice Units- 6 cp
- Restricted Choice Unit- 3 cp
- MN0102 Two Restricted Choice Units- 6 cp
- Two Restricted Choice Units- 6 cp
- Semester 1
- Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
Please refer to the tab to view Course Requirements, check unit details and select Restricted Choice Units for the course. Please note not all units are offered in each teaching period.
Unit Delivery ModesDelivery modes for units in this degree are yet to be confirmed. Please contact us for more details.
Course closed from semester 2, 2013.
This course is registered by the ACT Teacher Quality Institute and recognised as a teaching qualification throughout Australia.
Standard two semesters full-time or equivalent. Maximum eight semesters.
- 2012->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2013->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2014->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2015->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2016->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2017->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2018->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
View the number of student enrolments for the previous full year. Please note that course numbers are indicative only and in no way reflect individual class sizes.